18 February 2009

Afro Samurai Ressurection

Okay guilty concious, I haven't written anything for ages, and with a PJ's event coming up on march 1st I thought I better get my arse into gear.

One of the first things I thought I would drop a mention about is this. Don't know how many people watched the 1st Afro Samurai, but the second is back through Spike TV,

check the trailer here



I have soo many mixed feelings about this, based on the first I definitely didn't think it deserved a second round, I thought the narrative in the first was weak and wasted too many opportunities in terms of development, they could have taken the venegence concepts much further. Cross cultural links between idea's of a warrior in both African and Eastern asian culture, wasted.

I was soo upset I was overly hyped about the first one, until I saw the first one. So will they do any better the second time round, the trailer for this does look good though, so who knows. What I'm most excited about personally is that RZA soundtrack, the scores on this are sounding big!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. To be honest my feelings on afro samurai have purely been about the animation... the amount of money and effort they put into it was the thing really selling it, and it did really well with the art as usual. but the story... its never really been about the story. Afro samurai was all about being KICK-ASS and thats what it does.

    i do agree with you in terms of it having potential but not actually using it with the whole mixed cultures, that was even the reason why Samuel Jackson wanted to be a part of it. And the soundtrack didn't really capture me in some parts, but in others REALLY GRABBED ME.

    all in all, WHY THE HECK DID KUMA FIGHT THE DAD FOR??? AND WHY THE HECK WOULD THAT CHICK THEN ATTACK THE THING SHE CREATED??? NONSENSE!

    ReplyDelete