21 November 2009

Where The Wild Things Are - EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE!


Many of you might remember one of the greatest children’s book “Where The Wild Things Are” by Maurice Sendak. It was published in the early 60s and from generations this book has no doubt been passed down or you might have come across it somehow.



I remember so vaguely, finding the book in my cousin’s closet, and finding the illustrations as a young boy a little frightening but young as I was, I was very inquisitive.



In a nutshell, the story is of a young boy being punished and sent to his room. The story then builds on the boy’s imagination and fantasy of big hairy monsters of which to their surprise they find that he is not scared of them and then, the journey begins. Soon enough the boys misses home and soon returns. (Talk about nutshell – LOL!) I guess if I was to really describe the story to you, might as well read the book or better yet, watch the movie. But really read the book too! LOL! (View the trailer below)


I was kindly given some exclusive footage with the author, Maurice Sendak and the director of the new adaptation, Spike Jonez. In this footage, they both discuss the book and the film in detail.


To feed my inquisitive mind even further, here is a clip of how the Big hairy creature monster was created by Sonny Gerasimowicz!


Where The Wild Things Are is due out in Cinema’s everywhere December 11th
Make sure you don’t miss this!

No comments:

Post a Comment